Sunday, February 11, 2007

sunday

So i am not as good at making regular posts here as I had hoped I would be.. i guess it's to be expected though.. I'm getting lazy!!!
Anyhow! It is Sunday.. which means work week starts in just hours. yuck. I need a few weeks off so badly.. who doesnt though huh? I have so much house work to be doing but feel like all I really can and want and ned to do is to just soak up as much R&R as I can lately. And you know what, I am lucky. I have a husband that agrees with me. I have had the nicest weekend once again. Between spending time with him and my family and neighbors and my cute cute dog, things are good. We have been able to focus on this being Bob's birthday weekned so it was nice to have a purpose to the weekend.. a fun happy exciting one. I wish we had more puppies to celebrate birthdays for lol.. it has just brought a nice celebratory feeling to the house .. something we have been waiting for for so darn long now. Its two years ago this time of year that i really thought I would be bringing home a cake for my husband to celebrate. It was going to say "congratulations dad" and that was how i wanted to tell him we are pregnant. It was going to be from coldstone creamery, his favorite. I had been saving coupons for them every week and month. I can't beleive i still have no cake and no baby.
Nothing new to report here. It has been a long long week really. I was waiting so excitedly for our open house at DCF and then the day came and I got sick to my stomach. I threw up right up til it was time to go. Halfway through the meeting i felt totally better.. stress? Probably.
THings were great there. I love the people we met there and think so much of the system now that I heard them speak. SUch a caring and loving operation with their number one focus on buliding families for children. I am so happy and impressed.
But still waiting.
Nothing from the private agencies still. Go figure. I am so unimpressed and sad there. It just feels like more and more they are doing less and less. I have no idea what to say or do on that front. I just don't. I really still hope and pray for them to do right by us so that once i have a placement be it through them or through DCF i can sit back and smile. Rather than have to look into filing complaints with the BBB and lawyers. I hope that in the end i am proven wrong and the private agencies do give us the family that we so want (and have worked hard for and have put so much time tears and money into).
I wish we could look into forien adoption. More and more that looks like just what we want and need. Unfortunatly because the agency in TX will not refund the money we paid them, we just can't afford to do that. How does God expect us to be able to find a child for us and bring one into our homes with these circumstances? I just cannot understand it. We have a warm and loving home and family here waiting. There are children out there waiting for just that. But becuase we have only limited funds.. which are.. ok WERE actually pretty large, we can't do that. I just dont understand. I mean we have about twenty thousand tied up in this one agency now and we're stuck!!! What are we supposed to do?! It is just so unfair. to us and to our some day child. For so many reasons. I am so frustrated.
Okay; I am done complaining about this same subject over and over.
Thank goodness for the little guy snoring at my feet right now.
He has had such a fun day. He rested up all morning and then had his friend over for some birthday treats before they went for a walk and then did some playing in the yard. He is exhausted now!!! it is so darn cute; Bob is 20 pounds, and his buddy is like 150 pounds.. and neither of htem seems to notice that lol.. it is so cute to see them playing and he's so lucky to have such a patient buddy to play with.. Bob is a very lucky little boy:)
Okay; I'm going to do some laundry now.. fun never ends for either of us lol:)
allie

No comments: